Why are you using social media for your business? Just because others are using?
Hey, don’t follow the crowd. In this digital world, everything has a reason. So using social media is also a reason. First, understand the reason then start using it for your business because when you know the reason you can use it effectively.
Suppose, You know how to drive the car. So you are driving it because others also do or you can commute by it easily? Obviously, it is the easiest way to commute that’s why you drive daily.
Same holds true when you talk about the social media when you’ll know about the pros and cons means the benefit and blockage of social media you can use it impressively to target your goal.
Let’s get rolling your eyes:
- Multinational Connectivity: Social media gives you the worldwide connectivity. So that you can extend your business means now you’ll be able to get in touch with out of reach people.These connections can help with the variety of things:
- Promote your service and product
- Known by the world
- Turn it into the brand
- Get in touch with new faces
- Build your Network: When you opt to join the social media community, you have to pick and choose those individuals or group whose interest is same as yours. Like if you are a book lover or social worker, you can find and interact to those who share your interest.
- Online Sharing: Many social networking sites support instant messaging feature that lets people exchange information via chat in a real-time manner. This feature is very beneficial for the managers to conduct the meetings, seminars or conferences.
- Focused Advertising: There’s no better way than social media to get your message in front of millions of people 24/7. The best facet of social networking is to deliver your content to those who are actually interested in your product or service. This approach can maximize intended reach while minimizing waste.
- Increased News Cycle Speed: Study says that the most news organizations rely on social media to collect and share the information. Today, an individual can know, what’s happening in the whole world by spending the time on social media.
- Repercussion: When something offensive is posted online, the feedback is often barbarous that portray the negative image in front of your followers. So this repercussion can also have a long-term impact.
- Risks of Fraud or Identity Theft: Beware of the fake groups or individuals, this can be in your own followers and keep eye on your every activity to demolish you.
- Lost productivity: The Global Web Index poll shows that 28 percent of the time spent online is on social networks and this presence generally occurs at the time of work. When these visits are not related to the work, so this activity can cost companies money and lost productivity. While a report on Forbes states that 89 percent of responders admitted to wasting time on social media while at work.
- Corporate Encroachment of Privacy: Have you ever thought how social networking sites earn money, neither they cost money from the members nor from the other activities such as like, share, comment or join groups/communities etc? Then how they earn so much money?
You know these sites invite major corporations to breach your privacy and sell your personal information. Last year Facebook earned an estimated $16 billion in ad revenue. That’s not bad for a free site.
Take responsibility for your own safety and never join a group just because it is contemporary or all your friends are doing it. Again I would like to say “Do not follow the mass”.
So it’s best to be on the side of caution and protect your privacy. Be careful with what you post and treat others as if you were in a face-to-face situation.